Thursday, August 12, 2010

This Weekend Will Be Epic

Cache-Teton Race
Tomorrow....6:30 am I leave for my race. 2 vans, 12 people, lots of Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches and plenty of water. Tomorrow is the beginning of the Cache-Teton Epic Relay. We'll cross through several states during the relay and end in Jackson, WY. I'm sure some of you were beginning to wonder if i'd hung up the running shoes and instead was focusing solely on my ShotBlok research program. Not the case my friends. I'm teaming up with some of the people from my Saturday running group for this relay. I missed the Ragnar because of some family commitments, but this one is locked in and ready to go. We're planning on staying the night in Jackson rather than tackling the 5 hour drive back home after finishing the relay. I'm runner #5. The course map describes my three legs as very hard, mild and very hard. My ability to walk may be described as very difficult after the race, but I do have my recovery socks packed so maybe  it won't be bad.

More ShotBloks Please
My supply of ShotBloks is getting lower and lower. My kids asked what I'll do if I run out. Will I still work on creating bizarre food items new and inventive ShotBlok recipes or will I stop. The answer to that problem lies solely on the Clif company. I've sent off my request for additional samples of ShotBloks so that I may continue my journey. I'm sure the fine folks there will see the value and untapped market. If I run out, I may be forced to stand on the WalMart corner with a sign saying "Will Work For Accept ShotBlok Donations."

Upcoming ShotBlok Post
I'm know you're anxiously anticipating my next ShotBlok post. Stay tuned. Coming up...ShotBlok granola bars with a chocolate Cran-Razz ShotBlok topping. I've almost perfected the recipe and if the past two recipes didn't get your mouth watering, these will. I've been snacking on the not-so-perfect trials and i've even got the stamp of approval from a product taster one of my kids friends. This one takes my creating to a whole new level. Maybe I'll box some up and send them to the Clif people as an incentive to send me more.


Have a great weekend everyone....


1 comment: