Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shins be damned. I'm still going to run 20.

That pretty much sums it up. Three weeks before the Salt Lake City Marathon. I'm committed to making this last week of training a solid one before I taper. I put in a 20+ mile run at the beginning of March, then had two half marathons and now I'm almost tapering. Yesterday I went to the Gym to do a tempo run on the treadmill because the weather was so lousy and cold. I ended up doing intervals on the track. Today, my shins have been really sore.

I've never had shin problems before and it's really bugging me. Tomorrow I am running the route that has twice kicked my butt. I'm feeling a bit masochistic that it's time to beat this route once and for all. My Saturday and Sunday are booked so there will be no time to get in a 20 mile run. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous Friday and Saturday so i'm taking advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment