Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fake Navy Seal or Runner?

Since the Bin Laden event that took place, the new craze is to be a Navy Seal. Everyone who is anyone is claiming to be a Seal. I'm considering going to the local Army/Navy surplus store to get my own gear just so I can be one of the "cool kids."

I came across this website that lists 10 ways to discover a fake Navy Seal. I was going through the categories and noticed a similarity to runners. Here's a list:

1. Camouflage Clothing Covered with Medals and Tridents=Running clothes and race medals


2. Doesn't Know His Class Number=Doesn't Know his Bib Number


3. Team 6=Team Name for Ragnar Relay


4. Doesn't remember the Details=After a really poor showing, my memory always gets a little fuzzy too


5. Emotional Glorification=Emotional Glorification (pretty self explanatory there)


6. Medal Talk=Medal Talk (Is there anything better than a medal? I think not)


7. Cannot Remember the Names of His Superiors=After a while all the names of the Elites in Runner's World run together


8. Advertising Killings=My last Ragnar I got 30+ kills. I put a tick mark for each one on the side of our vehicle.


9. No Female SEAL=One area that I could actually NOT get "chicked"


10. Know a Real SEAL to spot the Fake SEAL=If you don't meet at least 3/4 of these categories then you need to step up your running



No comments:

Post a Comment