Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Where No Man Has Gone Before....

In all my wildest fantasies about winning the Boston Marathon dreams, I never expected to be part of an elite group of runners. I didn't know that my running prowess would be so noticed that I would be chosen to experience something that very few–if any–other man has experienced. In fact, if I were a single man, this would be a dream come true.

I will be running in the Pink Half Marathon on Saturday.

How did I get so fortunate to run this event? Is it because I have become so well known in my running abilities? Is it because I'm "In the know" with the event organizers?

It's even better. I get to run the race as a pacer for the 2:20 group.

2 comments:

  1. Being single doesn't automatically make you a chick magnet at the race. Holding the 2:40 pace sign does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane, At least you know that everyone at the race holds at least one interest that is compatible to yours. You'll have plenty of time to get to know anyone who comes your way.

    ReplyDelete