Sunday, May 18, 2014

One Chapter Ends, A New Chapter Begins

This post has been far too long in coming. I started this blog when I was serious about my running and racing. I felt like I could add a little humor to my running commentary. It's been a lot of fun. I have met some really neat people because of my blogging and running.

Since the time that I started blogging about my running I have run 14 marathons, too many to count half marathons and only a handful of 5k or 10k events. I never felt like a 5k or 10k was "my thing". I would start out too fast and never could quite get into a good groove. I like the feeling of finishing 26.2 miles, but I love the half marathon and the fact that I'm not so completely exhausted after.

I used to loathe running on the treadmill. That was before I discovered the Cinema Cardio at Gold's Gym. Now, I put in 6-7 miles on the treadmill while watching a movie on a wall sized screen with surround sound. It's not so bad anymore....

Somewhere along my running journey I started organizing events and working behind the scenes. I started with my children's local charter school, then moved into a city-wide event and then into actually getting paid to organize events.

This is where my new chapter begins. I took an opportunity/leap of faith and became a race director for Color in Motion 5K. They do color 5k events all over the country. As a race director, I get the opportunity to make sure the event happens, that all the bases get covered and at the same time I get to meet amazing people. I also get to travel to new places. Whether this will lead to something bigger and better, I don't know. At the moment though, I'm enjoying the journey.

So what now? Will this blog officially stop or will it just change form and I'll comment about being a race director. I'm not sure. There are a few posts I'd still like to do. I hope to get those complete in the next week.

Until then, as a good friend always signed his letters.
TTFN (ta ta for now)
Blaine


1 comment: