Saturday, January 16, 2010

5 miles, a smoothie and $85 later

We've had a wave of inversion lately that has been awful. It's not often that our area is ranked the worst air in the U.S. We've pulled it off for the past two weeks. Next week is the shift in the weather we've been waiting for and it will finally be clear...and snowing.
I didn't even make it out of bed this morning before my "to do" list was rattling around in my head. There was the car inspection, trip to Home Depot for various items, running, installing a few electrical items around the house, etc...
The running this week has sucked. I haven't been out since last Saturday. This morning, the weather was still gloomy and slightly foggy, but I was determined to get my run in. I considered the local Rec Center, but there is a health fair today and a 5K there and I knew parking and the treadmills would be at a premium. I decided I would drop the van off to get the inspection done and then run from the shop then finish up with a trip to Home Depot.
I was able to put in 5 miles. At 4.75 I was at the car shop, but there was no way I was going to end at less than 5. I ran through the parking lot of the local Smoothie King until I hit the 5 mile mark and then I went and rewarded myself with a smoothie.
The van was ready, but several lights were out and the wipers were dying also. I could have spent the rest of today working on getting everything replaced myself or pay the extra $45 to have them do it. Done and done...$85 later the van is ready to re-register for the year and I am moving on to my other to do list items.
My wife started the P90X yesterday and then this morning asked if I was sore from the workouts. I casually told her that I am in a perpetual state of soreness that rotates among my major muscle groups and includes some areas that I didn't know existed. Two weeks are done with only 11 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm really feeling left out of the P90X loop. And what am I going to do with all of these Tie-Bow Tapes!?

    ReplyDelete