Friday, January 8, 2010

A Fabulous Run on a Bright Day

Knowing that I am going to start running on Saturdays with the local group is a powerful motivation. I enjoy the company especially on long runs and also the fact that I am not the one in charge of planning the run. This Saturday, they have scheduled a short 5 miles. The longest I have run since my injury is 4, so it was time to get out and see what I could do. I threw on my cold weather tights and headed out. The weather was great. A storm came through on Wednesday and cleared out the valley. I kept things slow and easy. The last thing I want to do is pull something again and miss all the spring races.

I got in 5 miles and it felt great. By the end of the run, I was toasty warm and excited for the run on Saturday. Last night I did the Yoga portion of my cross-training program to once again show me how uncoordinated I am. I'm glad I opted to do this in my home vs going somewhere. If I had been in an actual yoga class, I would have toppled over someone.

2 comments:

  1. See you tomorrow morning. Let's see which one of us breaks down first this year.

    ReplyDelete