Monday, May 18, 2009

Quick 3 miles

Today we are on track for a 90 degree day. It seems rather odd considering a month ago around this time we got 7 inches of snow, but that's how things are here. The 90 is a bit high for this time of the year and according to the forecast we'll be back in the mid 70s by the weekend.

Today I kick off my training for the July 24 marathon. I printed out my running schedule thanks to RW and then promptly wrote all over it to modify it to my schedule. The schedule says I am to do 2-20 mile runs during the course of the training. I'm planning on changing that around a little so my max run is 23. My reasoning? During my half marathon training I ran farther than the required amount and it served me well so I'll see if this will also. What's the worst that could happen? I'm not really pushing my pace to break any records, but more focusing on getting my body used to a longer mileage.

So, I ran a quick 3 miles today. I was aching to pick up the pace instead of just a casual run. I didn't do a particularly long run on Saturday, so I sped off a little below my 5K pace with a quick sprint the last 100 yards. It was a nice run.

I'm toying with a new nutrition plan for myself in June. I'll write more about that as it gets closer. 1 more week until I am in Chicago. I can't wait. The hotel has some running routes available and I plan on taking advantage of them.

1 comment:

  1. 23 miles is a long run for a training run. I did one 20 miler, and it killed my entire Sunday. Well, mostly because I stalled for an hour before I left, ran for 3+, and slept for another 2 after I got back. :o)

    ReplyDelete