Sunday, May 10, 2009

Smoothie-licious

Does anyone have an odd personal quest? I'm sure everyone is striving for something or has a goal, but I'm looking for something deeper. I've had a few. My longest running quest was to find the perfect milk shake. I started this quest back when I was in High School and we would go to Village Inn for breakfast with the intent to study for our History Test (for some reason I always ended up with zeroes on those days.) I have since put that quest aside after discovering Franklins Ice Cream in the Historic District of Philadelphia.
My new found quest have been to find the perfect smoothie combination. This in turn has two criteria. There is the homemade smoothie and the professional smoothie maker smoothie. Thus far, my favorite professionally created smoothie is the Fruit Fusion smoothie at Smoothie King. They also have a Gladiator one that is as much protein as a side of beef, but the protein doesn't sit well with me. I've visited other establishments, but thus far Smoothie King is in the lead.
On the home front, this is an ongoing process. Just when I think I've found the perfect combination, I find something new. Most mornings as we're having breakfast I'll throw together one of my standard house favorites. This includes a juice base (I prefer the Dole Pineapple, Orange, Banana), with a couple handfuls of the tropical mixed fruit blend from Costco. From there I add a 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt and maybe a banana (if we have one on hand). The final addition to my smoothie is 2-3 scoops of Muscle Builder Powder. If I'm up to experimenting, I'll mess with the combination of smoothie ingredients.
The other factor to making a great smoothie is the blender. I still have the regular store bought blenders. One day I will own one of the blenders that the pros use. In the meantime, I'll just leave you with a video of the blender of my choice.

2 comments:

  1. K, that's scary. I don't like blenders. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be the only person in the world that doesn't care for smoothies. Probably b/c I tried making them a few times and they turn out pretty awful. I do like milkshakes and Orange Julius however :)

    ReplyDelete