Thursday, July 16, 2009

What started as a great run week has quickly deteriorated

Last Saturday I went all out and did 14 miles. It was an awesome run. We started at 6:00 am because we are now in the heat of summer and it's unbearable to be out in the middle of it. The 14 miles were fabulous. It got me excited for the September marathon. Someone asked me if I was going to run in the SLC Deseret News 24th of July marathon and I actually paused. No, I have desire to see if I could do 26.2 when my longest run thus far has been 15.

This week started out fabulous. I took Monday off because my schedule was just too packed to put in 2 hours. Tuesday I did 8 1/2. It felt great. The schedule was to run this morning, then my running buddy texted me last night to tell me he had a 6:30 meeting and wouldn't be able to make it. I planned on going this morning for a short 5 miles with my iPod and a casual pace. Instead, last night we went to Home Depot to get the trim for my office and didn't get home until later. Then the wife still had some points left on the week for her Weight Watchers so a trip to McDonalds for ice cream happened at 11:00. The post McDonalds vegging in front of the tv went until 1:30 am...get the picture. My morning run didn't happen. Tomorrow I'll get in 5 then Saturday maybe 8. I guess this week is my off week.

On the good side of this...the wife's work is hosting a Harry Potter showing on Saturday. Free Movie!!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Potter last night which means the morning run didn't happen today. I'm going to try to go tonight but its been so blasted hot. I really don't want to do it tomorrow though. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete